Sunday 15 January 2012

Trial Run


Today has been one of those Sundays that just drags on. I wish I could say being lazy was something that I deserved and had time for but it isn't! So, as a break from lots of reading and research I decided to let my mind relax and let my hands cook. 

I made the promised recipe by B COMME BON for starters and a creamy chicken and rice dish for dinner. Both were delicious (my boyfriend Tom is delighted with me writing this blog and has assured me I can cook for him everyday of the week- how thoughtful of him). 

Starters! Mine doesn't look nearly as beautiful as the recipe I copied but it tasted fantastic. 
I used the bread from my first trial run on my breadmaker. I'm SO impressed. It's delicious!! 
Also, I used pear instead of fig and, have to admit, it was mostly because I already had a pear and didn't want to search for a fig. 


Ingredients (4 portions):
1 Pear
1 Aubergine
Goat cheese
Bread - a french loaf (brown or white)
Oil
Honey

1. Lightly spread oil and honey over the bread
2. Cut the Aubergine into thin slices and cover the bread
3. Coat aubergine with goat cheese (be generous- it's the best part!)
4. Cut pear into thin slices and cover goat cheese

Pop them into the oven for about 20 minutes (until pear and goat cheese is soft) and enjoy! 
(This was Tom's favorite dish)

Main:


Ingredients (one portion):
1 Chicken breast
Rice (for one)
Goat cheese- 1 tablespoon
Goats milk- 1 cup
Salt- to taste
Chilli Powder- a dash
4-5 Mushrooms
1 Leek
1 chopped garlic clove

1. Cut chicken into chunks and cook fully in oil
2. Add mushrooms, leek, garlic, goat cheese, goat milk, chilli powder and salt 
3. Let cook until sauce thickens (not completely though because dry chicken is never nice)

Both of these dishes were ridiculously easy and fun to prepare and eat. Now off to do more reading and wait until I can go to sleep! Bon appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment