Saturday 14 April 2012

Back from hiatus : Easter happenings

Yes, I have disappeared for quite a while. March and April has been crunch time. With a lot of summative assignments, and their accompanied stress, I haven't been cooking as much. I actually escaped university to come home for a month and have my mother cook for me... not an ideal situation for someone with a cooking blog but, my studies have greatly appreciated it! I figured that in sharing the few things I have cooked I would share a little about what's been going on... the Easter happenings :)

Amongst writing endless essays, which is frankly incredibly boring, I have gone to a Northern English beach, taken walks around Prague with my mother, cooked a little, and spent a lot of time in front of my computer with my sleeping cat... I sound like quite the socialite! Despite not spending all my time outdoors I am SO happy Spring is finally here. The cold can go away, and stay away as far as I'm concerned! Anyways... a journey through pictures of this past month... 

Prague in Spring 


My lazy cat


Easter carrot cake (recipe on previous post)


Easy, delicious zucchini dinner



Nutritious and delicious oatmeal




The Northern beach


Perfectly simple Spring lunch




Dday is May 22nd. My last exam finishes at 4:30 and anyone around my exam hall at the time will see me walk out and just burst to into tears of absolute pure joy. For, after three years (on top of the 12 they make you go through to even get to university) I will have finished endless hours of essay, endless hours of stress, endless hours of guilt for not doing work I probably should do, endless hours of studying... I will finally see the light to my new shiny life as something other than a student. Funnily enough though, I'll be walking straight back into school next year as a teacher. Someone up there had this all planned as a joke. Anyways, lots of love my cooking friends. Hope you're enjoying Spring as much as I am (and will once I spend more than 30 minutes a day outside)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment